Apologetics is the discipline of defending the Christian faith, and is special field of study for me. I am the kind of person who needs apologetics as a constant reminder that the Christian faith is true. In fact, it seems to me that apologetics is at least as helpful for Christians, undergirding our faith in Christ with logical arguments, as it is for an evangelistic tool to convince non-Christians that they should believe.
In this resource page, I have made no distinction between classical and presuppositional apologetics. Anyone seriously interested in this field needs to study and understand both branches.
These websites vary greatly in their positions on many issues and on how they use apologetics arguments. Thus, I cannot endorse everything on every site (since I would have to hold divergent or contrary positions at the same time). But these are the best places online to learn, helping you gain a full understanding of the wide spectrum that is Christian apologetics. All of these sites are stable, full of data, and maintained by people who sincerely believe the Christian worldview is true.
- Alpha and Omega Ministries – Home of the often fierce and always passionate James White
- Answers in Genesis – The best in Young Earth Creationism, led by Ken Ham
- BioLogos – Founded by renowned scientist, Dr. Francis Collins, and the opposite side of the spectrum from Answers in Genesis
- Reasonable Faith – Home of Dr. William Lane Craig and full of great resources
- Apologetics 315 – Full of resources
- Ravi Zacharias International Ministries (RZIM) – Ravi is one of the best communicators there is, and he has a tremendous team of apologists
- Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry (CARM) – Plenty of short overviews of various topics within apologetics
- Be Thinking – Plenty of articles and a really good overview of various apologetic approaches
- Stand to Reason – Home of Greg Koukl and Brett Knuckle
- Discovery Institute – The best from the Intelligent Design movement
Over the past two thousand years there have been thousands of very good books written on apologetics generally or some specific apologetics topic. I obviously cannot list them all. So I’ve included just a few of the ones that I think are very important for anyone seeking to understand apologetics.
- The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism – Dr. Timothy Keller
- Reasonable Faith (3rd edition): Christian Truth and Apologetics – Dr. William Lane Craig
- Christian Apologetics: A Comprehensive Case for Biblical Faith – Dr. Douglas Groothuis
- Defending Your Faith: An Introduction – Dr. R.C. Sproul
- Who Made God?: And Answers to Over 100 Other Tough Questions of Faith – Edited by Dr. Ravi Zacharias and Dr. Norman Geisler
- Tactics: A Game Plan for Discussing Your Christian Convictions – Gregory Koukl
- The Case for Christ: A Journalist’s Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus – Lee Strobel
- Christian Apologetics Past and Present (Volume 1, To 1500): A Primary Source Reader – Edited by Dr. Scott Oliphint and Dr. William Edgar
- Come Let Us Reason: New Essays in Christian Apologetics Edited by Dr. Paul Copan and Dr. William Lane Craig
- 20 Compelling Evidences That God Exists: Discover Why Believing in God Makes So Much Sense – Dr. Kenneth Boa and Dr. Robert Bowman
- Introducing Apologetics: Cultivating Christian Commitment – Dr. James E. Taylor
- Mere Christianity – C.S. Lewis
- Five Views on Apologetics – Edited by Dr. Steven Cowan